D E S C R I P T I O N
is a dynamic staffing decision tool that integrates enterprise-wide data to automatically generate realistic staffing levels. These staffing levels are based on engineered standards and volume driver values. Engineered standards form the basis for proper staffing by specifying the work content and the time it takes to complete it. Volume driver values are applied to the standards to integrate business drivers such as customer traffic, transaction data and production goals into your staffing decisions.
Integrating these indices and measures results in a staffing level based upon the amount of work required to complete the delivery of a product or service. It increases labor effectiveness by allowing the user to make staffing decisions based upon an organization's goals and objectives for the desired level of customer service, schedule achievement or production goals. Finally, it provides fact-based data that documents the true labor cost to perform the work, enabling the user to plan with confidence. PlanStaff Manager is very effective for all industries requiring a staffing model to accurately staff the correct number of labor hours.
F E A T U R
- Staffing Plan: A staffing plan is used to automatically calculate the labor hours required to complete the delivery of a product or service. This calculation is achieved by integrating volume data with engineered standards. This dynamic data integration gives you the flexibility to quickly change your staffing plans to match your changing business environment.
- Volume Drivers: These values incorporate business and customer requirements into the calculation of required labor hours. Since this type of information can change quickly, you can easily integrate new volume data into the system.
- Engineered Standards: Using a scientific and systematic development approach, these standards accurately reflect the amount of time needed to complete the work. This data is developed using the StandardsPro® application and is structured as operations.
In addition, staffing plan reports provide information on the calculated labor hours contained in a staffing plan. This type of information can assist the user in understanding the labor cost associated with the organization's goals for customer service, schedule achievement or production levels. The information is structured into two types of reports:
- Default: These reports are common to every installation of PlanStaff Manager and include the plan method report and a staffing plan summary report.
- Customized: These reports are designed and developed for each installation of PlanStaff Manager.
Many of the components used in a staffing plan are uniquely structured for each organization, and customized reports are used to provide information on this structure. Some examples of customized reports include enterprise-wide labor requirements by location or department, labor requirements by job classification or department and volume level staffing summaries.
B E N E F I
Generates accurate staffing levels.
Quick and easy creation of staffing levels.
- Since engineered standards form the basis for the staffing levels, you are assured of accurate time calculations.
Allows for dynamic creation of staffing levels.
- Dramatically reduces the amount of effort, time and money needed to implement and maintain a staffing process.
- Through the use of volume drivers, staffing levels can be dynamically generated to reflect changes in your customer requirements.
Effective for all industries.
- Since reports can be customized for your environment, you are assured of having information on results that are relevant to your organization.
- The flexibility of PlanStaff Manager insures that it can be applied to the retail, service, distribution or manufacturing industries.